Home Page
sidemenuUpdate Discussion Forum How to Start a Book Club How to Join a Book Club Ordering Books Sample Discussion Q's Do's and Don'ts Book Clubs Book Reviews Recommended Lists Suggested Links Advertising Email button Discussion Forum
  Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Canadian Book Clubs Discussion Forum » Book Suggestions » Publisher's Personal Favourite « Previous Next »

Publisher - Canadian Book Clubs
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 1999 - 2:56 pm:   

The Moon Under Her Feet by Clysta Kinstler; Harper Collins

I have often wondered what stories were behind the meagre glimpses of women in the Bible. This book weaves a fascinating mystical story about the life of Mary Magdalene, backed with references from the Bible and other authoritative sources. Kinstler tells the story of Christ's conception, birth, life and death from Magdalene's point-of-view.

It is a book that will have you consulting the Bible, amazed at the historical possibilities, and wondering about all the other "invisible" women.

This is an especially good discussion book if your club has people with traditional Christian and feminism viewpoints (not necessarily mutually exclusive).
Mary Balogh
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 1999 - 7:11 pm:   

Yes, I agree that this book is absolutely fascinating. The story of Christ is almost unrecognizable when compared with the Bible story, but somehow all the details fit and are plausible. I would LOVE to believe that this is the true story. In many ways it makes more sense than the Gospel account. And it puts women right on a par with the men--there were even women at the Last Supper! I am one of those people who are both Christian and feminist. There is room for endless discussion with this book. It would make for very interesting discussion in a group that included men.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration