Home Page
sidemenuUpdate Discussion Forum How to Start a Book Club How to Join a Book Club Ordering Books Sample Discussion Q's Do's and Don'ts Book Clubs Book Reviews Recommended Lists Suggested Links Advertising Email button Discussion Forum
  Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Canadian Book Clubs Discussion Forum » Book Suggestions » Book Suggestion: BURNING GROUND by Pearl Luke « Previous Next »

Pearl Luke
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2000 - 6:25 pm:   

As the author of Burning Ground, recently published by HarperCollins Canada, I want to let your members know that I will be happy to answer any questions about my novel, from individuals or groups, either by e-mail or by telephone (just e-mail me first).

I live in Calgary now, but I was born in Peace River, so I happened across this site while looking at other web sites about Peace River. When I contacted your publisher, Gayle Knutson, she kindly suggested that I might like to post here, so I am.

Burning Ground is set at a remote fire tower, and it is a novel about love and obsession. The main character, Percy, is completely isolated from the outside world, and it is this day to day isolation that forces her to deal with her obsessions and that eventually leads her to a final act of self discovery.

In case that sounds a bit rehearsed (it is!), you will find a very positive review of Burning Ground (it made my day!), as it appeared in the Saturday, August 12, 2000 edition of The Globe and Mail. The address for that is: http://archives.theglobeandmail.com/tgam/20000812/BKBURN.html
The review is by Jim Bartley and is titled: Love's obsessive fire sparks bold new novel

Whether you choose Burning Ground or something else, I wish you all many pleasurable hours of reading!

Sincerely,

Pearl Luke

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration