Home Page
sidemenuUpdate Discussion Forum How to Start a Book Club How to Join a Book Club Ordering Books Sample Discussion Q's Do's and Don'ts Book Clubs Book Reviews Recommended Lists Suggested Links Advertising Email button Discussion Forum
  Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Canadian Book Clubs Discussion Forum » Does Anyone Know....? » Book selections for seniors « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 6:53 am:   

Sorry I disagree the response by "publisher". I believe that readers of this age (as well as many of us under the "senior" catagory) are not interested in the continuous dreck of detailed trawdy sex and incest story lines that seem to abound today. God I wish editors everywhere would give it a break!
I'd look for stories that are available in large print formats so that the hard of seeing are not excluded.
Good luck!
Publisher - Canadian Book Clubs
Posted on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 2:48 pm:   

Gosh. I don't think seniors aged 75 and over are different from anyone else. You could start by asking what they are interested in and for some actual suggestions. There are reading lists available from this website that will also help you to get started.

Publisher
Canadian Book Clubs
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 12:52 pm:   

i work in a long term care facility and we are interested in starting a book club. i am looking for book selections for seniors aged 75+ all of whom are mentally alert. any suggestions?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration