Home Page
sidemenuUpdate Discussion Forum How to Start a Book Club How to Join a Book Club Ordering Books Sample Discussion Q's Do's and Don'ts Book Clubs Book Reviews Recommended Lists Suggested Links Advertising Email button Discussion Forum
  Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Canadian Book Clubs Discussion Forum » General Discussion » Gay Book Clubs « Previous Next »

Neilmgbc (Neilmgbc) (209.161.232.19)
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 3:23 pm:   

We are looking forward to meeting you at our next Bookclub meeting, August 22, 2006 from 6PM to 8PM at the 519 Church Street Community Centre
The book that will be discussed is: "The Kite Runner" by: Hosseini Khaled
Neil Mudde
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 7:03 am:   

Hello Everyone:
FROM "THE MATURE (Gay) MEN'S BOOK CLUB"- TORONTO

We had our first meeting last night at the 519 Church Street Community Centre this book club is part of the Older GLBT Programmes,which is run by Dick Moore. We have decided that we will meet every 4th Tuesday of the Month at the "519" from 6pm to 8pm Lee Sneddon and myself are the facilitators, and invite your input,in order to make this a "Gay friendly Bookclub", as there are many other Bookclubs in Toronto.
Being a brand new Bookclub, we talked about the set up of the group and decided that the format would be the person deciding/suggesting on what book to read would be the host of that particular evening, as in this way everyone will have the oppertunity to suggest books, and be the host.
The book we will be reviewing at our next Meeting Tuesday April 25th is:"Comfort and Joy"the author is Jim Grimsley, I have checked the Toronto Public Library system which has several copies on hand, these may be ordered on line to be delivered to your nearest library for pick up.
We are a new group and are looking for new members, please contact me if you are interested.
Meanwhile: " Keep on reading!!"
Neil Mudde
Neil Mudde
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 6:09 pm:   

To all Gay Book Club Members:

Do you belong to a Gay book club?, and if so what is the name of your club, is a "catchy name" important?

Thank you!

Neil Mudde

neilm_to@yahoo.com
Neil Mudde
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 6:04 pm:   

Hello Gilles:

We are starting a Book Club for "Mature GBT Men, at the 519 Church St Community Centre first meeting March 14th 2006, 6PM-to 8PM, this is a new group and we are looking forward to input and ideas for books etc, for further information please contact me 2@
neilm_to@yahoo.com
Larry S.
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 8:12 am:   

We have had a 'gay' book club going in Winnipeg since January and it has been a success. Prime Pages has a Yahoo group site for more specific info such as our catalogue and on line discussion. We started off with Michel Tremblay's Heart Laid Bare to coincide with Tremblayfest last winter but we have not restricted ourselves to books by gay authors or with gay themes or characters. As a result we have had participation from both the lesbian and non gay communities. Last month we discussed Anthony Bidulka's Flight of Aquavit, this month Arthur Motyer's What's Remembered and in December Alan Hollinghurst's The line of Beauty. In January we are back to a non gay book by Battered Soles by Paul Mason.
What appeals to a lot of the members is learning about new authors and books which we might not have read in the normal course of things
Viktor
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 12:43 pm:   

Hi Gilles,

I was also wondering if there are any. I would definitely want to join one or alternatively we could start one.
Gilles
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 8:32 am:   

Hello Everyone,
I live in Toronto... and I'm wondering if there are book clubs for gay men?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration