Home Page
sidemenuUpdate Discussion Forum How to Start a Book Club How to Join a Book Club Ordering Books Sample Discussion Q's Do's and Don'ts Book Clubs Book Reviews Recommended Lists Suggested Links Advertising Email button Discussion Forum
  Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Canadian Book Clubs Discussion Forum » General Discussion » Fascinated with forming a new bookclub « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 10:42 am:   

I am relatively new to the Toronto area and am interested in forming a book club. I would like to involve people within my area who are around my age (late 20s). Any unique suggestions?
Donna Woolfolk Cross
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2000 - 2:59 pm:   

Here's one--choose my novel, Pope Joan, for your first meeting, and I'll chat with the group by speakerphone. I make the phone call from my end (protects my privacy and it's tax-deductible for me!) so there's no expense to the group. An unusual chance for readers to interact with "the horse's mouth", so to speak, and it might help you draw a larger membership for that first meeting! You can find out more about Pope Joan at the book website, www.popejoan.com.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration