In January 2004 MBC, My Book Club, of Derwent, Alberta was formed. Six women meet once a month to discuss the current book selected and to decide upon the next one to be read.
Every month we take turns meeting at each other's home, usually start at around 7:30 PM and go as late as midnight.
In deciding on a book, everyone brings suggestions forward and whoever is hosting the meeting gets to pick the book.
Books we have read:
- The 5 People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Album
- Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Album
- Midnight at the Dragon Cafe by Judy Fong Bates
- Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
- Lovely Bones by Alicia Sebold
- Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
- The Secret Life of Bee's by Sue Monk Kidd
- Knocked Up by Rebecca Eckler
- Birds Without Wings by Louis deBernieres
- Davinci's Code by Dan Brown